Traffic & Patrol Sign up
When submitting your service points, use Service Opportunity: #19-Traffic & Patrol 交通巡邏
During both before school begins and after school ends, the volunteers will be stationed outside in the parking lot to direct traffic flow; for the morning shift, the volunteers need to help the setup; afternoon shift will help to clean. This specific job entails that the volunteers control when and how the cars move while yielding traffic to pedestrians. Volunteers will assist in helping young children out of the car if necessary. (Note: Wednesday and Saturday volunteers are exempt from performing traffic control duties.)
During school hours, the volunteers will also stay in the school at designated areas. The volunteers will watch out for suspicious activity and walk around for patrolling at every 20-minute interval. This duty will also be performed during break time. For example, if the hour was at 9:00 AM, the volunteers will actively patrol at 9:20 AM, 9:40 AM, and 9:50 AM.
All patrol volunteers need to fulfill the duties to be eligible for the points.
*Volunteers, please sign in at the library before the duty time starts. In order to get your full volunteer points, please report to your duty on time.
The duties of a volunteer include:
- Help to set up and clean the cones.
- Allowing pedestrians to cross when they are present.
- Encouraging cars to move forward in the one-way lane.
- Preventing cars from backing up into the street.
- Disallowing cars from entering the one-way lane.
- Discouraging students from leaving the drop-off lane through the left side of the car.
- Discouraging people cross over and under the yellow tape.
- Noting violated cars that have parked in the restricted “No Parking” zone
- Disallowing the drivers of the violated cars from leaving until the traffic has disappeared
- Patrolling the assigned area every 20 minutes and every break time
- Noticing out-of-the-norm events
When submiting your service points, use Service Opportunity: #13-Helping Hands 協助學校行政業務
Please sign-in at the library and report to Terri (on Wednesdays), Yin-Chi (on Saturdays) or Grace (on Sundays). Duties will be assigned the day of service.
When submitting your service points, use Service Opportunity: #21-Cross school activity 校外活動(比賽)義工
Please help out at the Craft and Information booth at the Segerstrom Concert Hall (600 Town Center Dr, Costa Mesa, CA 92626) on March 4th from 10:30 AM to 5:30 PM!