Immerse into Chinese Culture & learn Mandarin
SCCCA/ICS offer summer programs for students in K- 6th grade, June 11 – August 17, 2018. Enrich your child’s cultural experiences, spark their creativity and keep them academically engaged.
- Date: June 11 – August 17, 2018
- Early drop off (8:00am),
- Late pick up (6:30pm)
- Choice: Half day or Full day choice
- Age K – 6 Grade
- Sibling discount:
- $14 off/per week (whole day)
- $7 off /per week (half day)
- Only apply to the lower fee registration.
- Early bird: 5 % (Before April 30)
- Appreciation Discount: $70 off for full day program equal or more than 6 weeks (Please claim this discount by e-mail to: email@example.com)
Children will learn Mandarin Chinese through group activities, stories, games and crafts. They will learn to speak daily conversation that is practical and fun. An evaluation is required to determine appropriate level but no prior knowledge in Chinese is required to register. This class is open to incoming 1st-6th grade students.
Each week there will be a different culture theme which children will learn Chinese culture through fun and educational hands-on activities. Culture themes include: Chinese Architectures, Inventor/Creator (Two of the four Chinese great inventions), Calligraphy Artist, Chinese Tradition Market Fair, Little Chinese Chef, Chinese Tradition Festivals, Shadow Puppetry, Opera Expert, Fashion Designer and Poem Chanting
Students will learn about traditional Chinese instruments – how they work and how to play them. The course is designed such that students will be able to play simple, but familiar songs to increase their interest in Chinese music. Chinese instruments include gu zheng (zither), erhu, flute, percussion etc.